Setting up your Sony Smart TV to use My Private Network’s MyTelly service should take just a few minutes by following the steps below. Please note that your Smart TV needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi or Ethernet with Internet and able to browse the web before moving on with the instructions below. You do not need to be connected to our VPN for MyTelly to work, kindly disconnect from the VPN if you have it turned on.
Whilst the Smart TV has an inbuilt web browser, we recommend that you use a computer to register your IP Address on our network.
Not yet registered? It’s quick and easy, Sign Up now!
Check MyTelly DNS Settings
Login to our website, www.my-private-network.co.uk from your computer’s web browser and you should be redirected to the My Subscription page.
Select the MyTelly tab on the left hand corner of the screen and click on Setup.
Take note of the DNS server addresses that appears on your screen, you’ll need it during the setup later.
Note: The DNS addresses shown in the images here are just examples. Please follow the ones displayed on your own screen.
Register IP Address for MyTelly
Scroll down and click on Register This Address. This will register your IP address and also test your DNS setup to indicate whether you have configured the DNS settings correctly.
Please note that in this instance, since you are only changing the DNS settings on your Smart TV later and not on your computer, the authentication page will return the following error:
Please do not worry about this message as our servers have already registered your IP address as per the image above.
To learn more about the MyTelly errors, please refer to our article below:
MyTelly errors – Your DNS setting is not configured correctly.
Note: You will not have to do it again unless your IP address changes. Also, any device on the same network will be able to use the MyTelly service as long as you’ve set our DNS on their device’s settings.
Setup MyTelly on your Sony Smart TV
1) From your Bravia Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) screen, navigate to the top-right corner of the screen to find the Settings menu.
2) Once you’ve selected the Settings menu, scroll down to the Network option.
3) You should now be in the Network Overview page. Click on Network Status.
4) The following page will ask for confirmation on which type of Internet Connection you’d like to use. If you’re using Wi-Fi, select Wi-Fi Set-Up.
5) Continue with the network setup until you reach the IP Address Setting page and select Manual.
6) Once you’ve selected Manual in the previous window, you will be presented with a list of fields to fill in.
7) The IP address can be anything you want, however please ensure that the first three fields are the same as your router. For example: If your router’s IP address is 192.168.0.1, please start the IP address with 192.168.0.xxx.
If you’re unsure on where to find this information, please follow the instructions from the link below:
How to find your Default Network Gateway
Note: Only change the last field. Leave the first three the same as what your router uses.
8) You will need to enter the DNS server addresses that appeared in Step 1.
9) Once the IP address settings have been finalised, you will be greeted with a request to use a Proxy Server. Select No.
10) The next page will confirm the details entered during the network setup.
11) Press the right arrow on your remote to continue.
12) Finally, click Save & Connect to save your changes and test your connection to ensure there is no problem with your Internet connection.
13) If your IP address was registered successfully as shown in Step 2 and the DNS has been set up correctly on your Smart TV, you should now be able to access the relevant Media Apps on your Smart TV.
Go ahead and access any TV content providers that we support!
Note: To download the region restricted apps to your Sony Bravia TV, all you need to do is go back to the main network menu and select Refresh Internet Content. Allow it to refresh and the apps will now appear in the All Apps menu at the bottom left of your TV.
Unfortunately it doesn’t always go to plan!
If you have any problems or can’t get MyTelly to work, please email us at [email protected]. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible and try to help.